Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article do not represent those of apolloKIDZ as a whole, they are simply the opinions of @blackhercules21 and probably will not be agreed with totally. But that’s what the comment box is for…
just make sure all disagreements are expressed politely because, if not, @blackhercules21 reserves the right to whoop your ass.
Superhero, by definition, is a costumed crime fighter created to protect the public. I actually just made that definition up. But if you don’t know what I’m referring to when I saw superhero then just X this page out and go do something else. We’ve all read a comic book before and/or seen these million dollar remakes of them put out by the movie industry. So “come fly with me” as I tackle the toughest question from our childhood memory banks since “Do You Like Me? Yes, No or Maybe”
FYI: I was born in 1985 and grew up thinking I could one day be a superhero. I actually still think that. Those factors will, without a doubt, affect my ranking.
7 Best Superheroes Of All Time
7) Superman – I know I know, man of Steel, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings blah blah blah. Truth of the matter is that the first comic I bought with my own money was “Doomsday: The Death Of Superman” and between that Smallville, Lois & Clark and those new and old remakes Mr. Kent should be happy to be at 7. Plus 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite > > TPain – Superman
6) Wonder Woman – Besides the obvious sexy factor, she’s a great mix of strength and smarts. She whoops ass by both overpowering and outsmarting her enemies. That “Lasso of Truth” is kinda kinky too. All in all, she’s the most popular female superhero of all time and one woman that is not to be messed with.
5) Thor – He is a boss…and most of these other guys cant’ touch him, let alone lift his hammer (#pause) but he was never well liked. A recent push, due to the film, will show a spike in popularity but based on overall appeal he can’t be in the top 4. Plus he’s got to have one of the worst costumes of any supehero.
4) Batman – Batman can easily top a “best superhero” list based on the fact that he does all of his vigilantism without any actual “superpowers.” He’s the most “regular” superhero ever. Equipped with more gadgets than he knows what to do with, Bruce Wayne is adored by millions because when he’s not fighting crime he’s a billionaire…and when he is fighting crime, he’s fighting it like a regular guy. Who said rich kids were punks?
3) Spawn – Who says you need DC or Marvel to be a successful superhero? Not Todd McFarlane or Al Simmons. Spawn hit the scenes in the early 90′s and was a CIA agent who had been resurrected after making a “deal with the devil”…literally. My personal favorite because of the fact that Michael Jai White is one of my favorite actors (did you see Ringmaster?) and the action figures were PIMP, Spawn was a bad motherf*cker. And like Bruce Wayne he was a lot more relatable than other superheroes.
2) Wolverine – I’m still trying to figure out if adamantium is a real thing. X-Men was everyone’s favorite cartoon and he was everyone’s favorite X-Man. Logan’s ability to heal himself, age slow, and resist telepathy made it hard for him to lose battles. He also had me calling people “bub” but that didn’t last very long. So wait…is adamantium real?
1) Hulk – “Don’t Make Me Angry.” How many times have you just had so much pent up rage that you wished you could unleash upon the world? Work sucks, fights with your significant other, sh*tty defenders flop in the post and get the call? Don’t you wish you could just triple in size and rip their heads off? That can’t just be me? In either case, the TV show was a hit back in the day and the first movie was so bad that they needed to make it again as to not ruin his legacy with the youth. If you include the fact that his Sega Genesis video game was more addictive than your iPhone…you are looking at the clear winner.
Storm – Storm was Black. Storm was a woman. And Halle Berry brought her character to life. Nuff said? Well how about this, arguably one of the smartest X-Men (after Professor X and Beast) and she was created during a Storm is still to this day the most successful and recognizable Black superhero(in)es.
Spiderman – People like Spidey because Spidey is a likeable guy. Parker is a nerd and people love to see the nerd succeed. Especially former nerds. But it’s also the fact that you sometimes see Peter about to lose. For a superhero, Spiderman gets his ass kicked a lot. In my opinion (outside of Batman…which is somewhat believable) Spiderman is the most “conceivably inconceivable” superhero series out there. Shoutouts to the Oxymorons!
Silver Surfer – He absorbs power from the Universe…and is one of the most powerful superheroes out there…I’m very curious to see how he’s depicted in his feature film coming in 2014…check back after that.
Mrs. Fantastic (both depictions, animated and real life, were hotties and she could turn invisible…how cool is that?) Birdman (I used to catch my dad watching reruns of this on late-night Cartoon network, he’d sing the theme song all the time too) Flash (As the fat/slow kid growing up I always envied Flash’s speed, but loved how he thought as quick as he attacked #badass) Iron Man (he’s rich, he gets girls, and “Stark” is German for Strength…maybe one day I can be a superhero)