Even though America loves a shitshow, and has every right to do so, we think this particular shitshow has gone on too long. Watching Charlie Sheen flame out again has been amusing, in part, but, much like his porn stars, we’ve taken to hiding in the bathroom and cringing. That is to say, we’ve come to desire a rapid end of our time with him for a number of reasons. Among his crimes:
- Repeated violence to women (he shot one, he threatened to behead another, and then there are the porn stars. Oh, the porn stars.)
- Spelling “corner” with a “k.”
- Insulting Thomas Jefferson. Repeatedly.
- Certain men are now using him as a role model. This is not good.
- We’re tired of #tigerblood and #winning. Really tired.
- Thinking about him and his porn star coterie is gross.
- He has kids. Come on.
- We have made him even more full of himself.
- It’s not even Charlie Sheen tweeting, anyway.
But the man has 2 million Twitter followers. Isn’t enough enough? Can’t we all just commit to the itsy bitsy task of unfollowing him? We did. It felt…good. We’re pretty sure we won’t miss it.
Thus, we propose to make this Friday, March 11, Worldwide Unfollow Charlie Sheen on Twitter Day. Think of the message we will send! Power to the people. If Charlie Sheen loses even 5 followers, well, that’s 5 followers who won’t retweet him. And if we don’t care what Charlie Sheen is doing, we will stop talking about him and talk about something else. Anything else. If no one can hear a bitchin’ rockstar tweet, does anyone care? Ask yourself that, and then hit “unfollow.” It’s so easy.
Posted in: Misc.– March 8, 2011